Lead authors must visit the EDAS web site and establish an account with a username and password.
Visit http://www.edas.info to create a new account, if you do not already have one.
Create your profile. Only the five fields with the red asterisk are required. *It is very important that your name and affiliation associated with your EDAS account are correct and match the name and affiliation that will be listed on your paper. These fields are first & last name, affiliation (company or organization), country, e-mail address, and status. When the fields are filled in, check the Privacy Policies box and click the Add Person button. [note: if you select USA as the country, you will get a message asking for your state]
You will receive an e-mail containing your password. Your email address and the given password must later be used to access the system during the following steps, so be careful to remember it.
You can then return to the EDAS log-in page (http://www.edas.info) and change your assigned password to one that is easier to remember. To do this, click on the My Profile tab, and then click on change your password. Be sure to record your username, password and ID number for later reference.
Preparation of the initial 1-page paper
Prospective Authors are invited to submit 1-page poster or live-demo abstracts, presenting cutting-edge research related to the theory and/or clinical validation of wearable, ingestible and implantable sensors and systems. This 1-page paper will be not included in the IEEE Proceedings, but authors are welcome to extend it for a full paper.
Authors of accepted abstracts are:
- Required to present their work in the form of a poster;
- Given additional space along with a poster board if they have live demo to present for their works;
- Given the opportunity to highlight their work in a 2-min oral presentation during the Rapid Fire Sessions.
This session requires a different paper template compared to a 4-page paper. All submissions must be in US Letter page size format. Please follow the page margins strictly – thus, it is highly recommended that you use the downloadable MS-Word template. Click Here
Your paper must comply with the following instructions:
- Both your initial and final submissions must be in double-column format.
- Do not put your own page numbers or running headers/footers in the manuscript.
- Write it in English.
- Only the corresponding author can upload the final paper — but any of the co-authors can register for the conference.
- The corresponding author is required to complete the registration process and pay the registration fee prior to uploading his/her final paper. If the corresponding author cannot attend the conference, then a co-author must arrange to attend and present the paper in their place BEFORE the final submission is uploaded and should update the system to reflect the change in corresponding author, complete registration payment and upload the final paper. Otherwise the paper should be withdrawn.
- The corresponding author will need to verify and update (if needed) the final submission information before they are able to upload the final paper. If the corresponding author finds out that he/she cannot attend the conference AFTER the final submission is uploaded, a co-author must arrange to attend and present the paper in their place, notify the conference of the change and update the paper submission system to reflect the change in corresponding author. Registration for corresponding authors is non-refundable.
Submission steps using the EDAS Submission System
Please login to EDAS at https://edas.info/N27988 and follow the steps below:
- Select the Track you wish to submit to.
- Type in the title of the paper and enter a brief abstract of your paper. Then select the topic area your paper falls under best. [note: This will help in matching reviewers with corresponding areas of expertise. The PDF of your full paper will be uploaded later]
- Click the Submit button.
- Add all authors of the paper (each author must have an EDAS account)
- The next page you see will have a large green check mark and a statement that the paper was registered. The last row says Initial Full Paper and has an icon of a blue cloud next to it. Click on this icon, and then you can upload the PDF of your Full Paper on the next page.
- Initial Full Paper is used to refer to the PDF form of your full paper. You can also upload the paper by clicking the My Papers tab at the top of the screen, and then select the upload icon on the same row as the name of your paper. The upload icon (third column from the right) will open a dialog box that will enable you to select and upload the full paper file via the web or via FTP.
Nominations for Paper Awards
During the submission process, authors may wish to have their papers considered for the following awards:
- Best Paper Award
- Best Student Paper Award (First author must be a student and prior approval is necessary from the student’s academic advisor)
- Best Poster Award (Applicable to paper assigned to Poster Presentation)
- Best Demo Award
For further information contact the BHI-BSN 2021 Conference Manager: Coral Miller (cmiller@conferencecatalysts.
Problems in preparing and submitting your paper?
Contact the BHI-BSN 2021 Conference Manager: Coral Miller (cmiller@conferencecatalysts.